Mayflower Oil Spill Attorneys note a February 27, 2015 report from the Arkansas Times that 12 of 18 property owners had been selected as plaintiffs for the Mayflower Oil Spill trial scheduled to begin on October 20, 2015 trial over damages caused by the March 29, 2013 rupture of the Exxon Pegasus pipeline in the Northwoods subdivision of Mayflower, Arkansas. Attorneys representing the property owners will pick six additional families and businesses to round out the plaintiffs for the trial, including “including some most heavily affected by the spill.”
Johnson & Vines Law Firm, which has associated with Hare Wynn Newell & Newton to represent individuals and businesses impacted by the Pegasus pipeline rupture, is expected to be one of the law firms participating in the October 2015 trial.
If you have been affected by the Mayflower Oil Spill and would like more information on your legal options, contact Johnson & Vines today for more information. Fill out an online form, call us at 501-777-7777, or send an email to [email protected] to speak with Mayflower Oil Spill attorney who can assist you with your case.
The full press release on the selection of plaintiffs for the Mayflower Oil Spill follows:
PLAINTIFFS CHOSEN FOR INITIAL TRIAL AGAINST EXXON
Faulkner County Jury to Hear Claims of Eighteen Families and Businesses
Conway, AR (February 27, 2015) – Faulkner County Circuit Court Judge Charles Clawson held proceedings to select plaintiffs from consolidated cases to participate in an October 20, 2015, initial trial against ExxonMobil for damages resulting from the March 29, 2013, rupture of the Pegasus Pipeline in Mayflower, Arkansas. The Court’s Case Management Order defines eight geographic zones. The parties randomly selected twelve families from five zones during today’s hearing. Plaintiffs will now select six families or businesses from three remaining zones.
“We are pleased with the progress in the consolidated cases,” said Shawn Daniels of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP with offices in Little Rock and Fayetteville. “The plaintiffs selected today, and the rest of our clients, deserve their day in Court to present evidence of Exxon’s egregious conduct which led to the rupture and the resulting harm caused to their families and community.”
Plaintiffs’ selections from Zones 1, 3, and 4 are due to the Court March 2, 2015. The zones follow the Wabasca Heavy Crude oil path, with Zone 1 comprised of homes on North Starlite in Northwoods subdivision where the pipeline ruptured, while Zone 3 tracks the oil from the Harp’s grocery store on Highway 89 in Mayflower to the properties bordering the east side of Dawson’s cove on Lake Conway. Zone 4 contains properties to the south of Dawson’s Cove. The random selection zones, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8, encompass the remainder of Northoods, neighborhoods to the north and south of Northwoods, and properties to the south and east of Dawson’s Cove.
“Plaintiffs from the eight zones show the extent of damages caused by the oil pipeline rupture,” said Tom Mickel of Brazil, Adlong & Mickel, PLC in Conway. “Exxon must do the right thing and take a hard look at the problems it caused for the citizens and businesses in each zone. The damage to property values alone is staggering.” Only cases filed by attorneys at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, McMath Woods P.A., Brazil, Adlong & Mickel, PLC, Davis & Whitlock, P.C., and Johnson & Vines, PLLC were subject to today’s hearing. Judge Clawson consolidated those cases last year. The consolidated cases involve hundreds of Mayflower residents and several businesses. Attorneys for those firms will cooperate to jointly prosecute the claims selected for the initial trial on October 20, 2015.